We drove out on thursday on a tour bus and came back yesterday. Bands from 5 schools (credo, lynden, edmonton, winnipeg, and carmen) got together to put on a concert, including specials by each band. We were billeted off to different houses for the weekend and I was able to meet a ton of people as well as see old friends again! Mom went along as a chaperone and Lydia is in band also. There were 12 percussionists there (!!!) so we sort of had to divy up the songs, but I was able to stay on the timpani (big kettle drums)! And wow, were they amazing. We rented 3 for the occasion, and as our school has 2 of a significantly lower quality, it was pretty fun to play :) I'll probably post some pictures when I get them.
So now comes trying to stay awake in class, math homework (when did probability get so hard?!), and even going to see our school's major performance of Oliver! this week! Hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment