1.28.2012

Happy New Year A Month Late!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas break! I suppose its time I did another post.. soo.. where to begin?! Fall flew by and winter has been great! We only had a little snow once, in November, so I was a little bummed about that. BUT.. It snowed 2 weeks ago! It was a really good break (I wasn't ready for school yet after the Christmas break, to be honest!) and I must say I got quite a few things done, including organizing almost everything in my room and FINALLY cleaning up all our sheet music! So much more tidy! I also organized all my emails/folders etc. I think I might be a little OCD.. in fact I'm pretty sure I am.. but oh well :)

SO. I 've applied for College! How AWESOME is that?? Last week during that completely crazy and mind-bogglingly boring 5 day snow break (thank you, Chilliwack) during which my life was completely overrun by a nasty cold.. (ok. it was glorious to sleep in till 10 or even later every morning, but really? It was painful!) .. Mom and I attended an info session for the Office Administration programs at Douglas! The Administrative Assistant Certificate program is a two semester program. I applied online and am waiting for acceptance :)

A little (ok, a lot) to catch you up....

My birthday was in the middle of October - being 17 has been great so far! I got my novice license a few days before my birthday and I love being able to our car to school, work, and of course to friends' houses by myself.. :) And as you can guess mom has me doing a bit of errands for her sometimes too! I also got a phone around the same time and its still intact!! (hehe) I lost it a few times tho.. but a case for it has been a good investment. haha :)

:)
I worked quite a bit up until the middle of the Christmas break (work was super busy then! Getting all the orders out to the local dutch stores is quite a job this season), and another container just came in.

School has been busy as always! Graduation is coming fast and I've been shopping a little for grad dresses :) And... in the middle of November I joined band class! I thought about it alot and realized how much I missed it.. I was in band from grade 8 thru 10 and since this is my last year, and the band's percussion section was suffering a bit.. :P .. I decided to join! This means that I can't be a teacher assistant for kindergarten tho, but I'm so glad I did it while I could! Those kids are pretty fun to be around. I'm also taking a Business Information Management course (goes thru Microsoft Office 2010 programs) and Accounting 12 online (did Accounting 11 last year).. and I'm getting excited about putting this knowledge I've gained so far into use in college!

Mom's 40th birthday (December 12) brought 5 of my aunts from Michigan down for a surprise!! It was a ton of fun to see them again and meet 2 cousins, Kayla (8 months) and Hannah (5 weeks!!). Both were super cute :)

with Kayla at White Spot for Mom's birthday 
:)
Kayla and Hannah! 
With the end of September came the birth of Matteah Lynn Meinen, and I finally got to meet her this Christmas :)  She's a cutie! (and totally loves the TV, which I think is hilarious!) Our whole family in Alberta made it out over the holidays and the last couple left this morning. We had so much fun with them here! We went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge with them one afternoon/night and went skating too. Some pictures....

at Capilano
scating :)
Dad, Matteah and I
With that I pray that you all continue to have a blessed New Year! 

No comments: