5.20.2011

The Start of Something New

Hello everyone! I never thought I'd say this.. but welcome to my blog! Here at home I often find myself the only one who has even a remote knowledge of anything computer related... so when mom successfully made her own blog... (without my help, I might add) and even posted in it mostly once a week, I realized I just can't let her pass me up on this one! :) Thanks Mom, for the inspiration. <3

Right off the bat I'm going to say this is definitely not going to be a daily diary! Even that word makes me cringe and feel like a procrastinator!  :) And I'm definitely not much of a writer! Nope, this is where you'll get updates on my life.. pictures of my life.. (maybe even ones of me..) and little things I find that bring some humor or appreciation to my life! Hope that doesn't bore you too much!!

This is the latest I have of me
And my beautiful cousin & I

Anyways.. I'm sitting here at home after work with the hockey game on in the background. The Vancouver Canucks are in the 3rd round of the playoffs and I'm hoping just like any other avid Canucks fan that this is their year! We never miss watching a game, thats for sure! Tonight it doesn't look too good tho.. the San Jose Sharks just scored to make it 3-0.

School's been busy, I'm trying to get through the last month while keeping my marks up to avoid writing a few exams. Chemistry is so not my favorite right now. Sewing is a blast, and once the school year is over I'll post a few pictures of the three projects I've worked on this year - a skirt, blouse, and currently a dress. It's been fun picking out patterns and material for the projects and the dress has been so much fun to work on so far! There has been lots of lunch hour activities in the gym this week AND since the weather has been absolutely glorious lately, softball season is finally here! I might not be that good at it but I love playing it! May has got to be my favorite month! This weekend most of my friends are on the annual May Long YP Retreat.

A few of my amazing friends! At our school spring dinner.
L. to R: Laura, Vanessa, Emily, & Moi


Another highlight for me lately is driving! In October, on my birthday, I got my Learner's License and I love driving when I can. Parallel parking isn't even proving to be a challenge, thankfully! On my 17th I'm going to go for my 'N', which basically means I get to drive wherever I want whenever I want by myself! I can't say I'm not looking forward to that bit of freedom.

For those of you who didn't know. I now own a fishie. (another one - poor Toby died.) Meet Bob.

And with that I'm going to finish watching the game, and enjoy a long weekend (Victoria Day on Monday!). Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bob. Nice to meet you.

Your blog looks great, Alaina!

<3

girl_violet said...

Why aren't you on the May Long??? :)

Taz & Rebecca said...

Hey Alaina,
Great job, and I look forward to reading future enteries!
LOVE YOU!!
Aunt Becky

afeenafoo said...

I luvvvv the background hun! :P

Keith and Holly said...

Hey, it's great to hear what you're up to - please keep it up!!! ;) Hope this next month flies by and that you don't have to do many exams! YUCK.
Should we be thankful we live far away now that you're driving?! ;) (Couldn't resist!!)

Lots of love!
Aunt Hol

Alaina Joy said...

Thanks everyone!
Aunt Holly: I'll have you know I'm a very responsible driver :P

Emily said...

I love This idea!!!! I love your blog! I love you! <3

Emily Struik said...

haha!!! you LOVE working on your dress huh??? not anymore....and you killed bob!!! you need to get a new fishie now!!!

Laura Kieneker said...

Bob :(

Alaina Joy said...

i know i miss him :( haha